The lunettes belong to the third fedense set of walls built between 1806 and 1809: nine triangular ramparts lined up with bulwarks and surrounded by a dry moat. They have a central blockhouse “caponiera”, with an area where cannons were placed, and two side fortresses “casemate”, camouflaged by grassy layers and visible only from inside the fortifications. The lunettes were defense outpost for riflemen. The central body has two levels, once connected by rope ladders, that could be removed in case the enemy entered the ground floor. The mezzanine floor was thus possibile to escape, through a narrow underground tunner, towards the inside of the fortress.