Little church of the victory – Jalmicco

The little church of the “Queen of Victory and Peace” is surrounded by a park with 22 cypresses, a memorial to the 22 Fallen of the Great War. Built between 1921 and 1922 and commissioned by the parish priest Don Lodovico Passoni, it was constructed on the former border between Italy and Austria-Hungary, on the land donated by Antonio Liberale, in memory of his two fallen sons. It houses the wooden Madonna of Peace with symbols of olive and dove (workshop Demez, S. Ulrico Val Gardena), some medals of veterans, a plaque with a piece of the bulletin of Victory, a plaque to the donor of the land and one with the names of the Fallen.

Other places to visit

Outside and on the walls