Merchant’s Lodge and Grand Guard’s Lodge

The Grand Guard’s Lodge, built between 1620 and 1625, is a seven-arched building, located near the Palace of the General Supervisor. It owes its name and its strategic position to the fact that it was the seat of the troops, the halberdiers and the cappelletti, who were committed to escorting and defending the General Superintendent. The next structure, located on the corner with Contrada Savorgnan, is a Lodge with three arches, renovated in 1924. This second structure, originally the Merchants’ Lodge, was dedicated to the Fallen in the first post-war period: inside it is placed a commemorative monument by Marcello Mascherini.

Other places to visit

Outside and on the walls