Palace of Pawn Shop
The Palace of Pawn Shop is located in the Main Square and was built in 1666 by the Superintendent Alvise Molin, after the expulsion of some Jewish usurers who had lived in the fortress. According to the regulations, the pawn shop was open on Tuesdays and Saturdays: in the mornings pawns were accepted, while in the afternoons the loans were distributed.
Under the direction of Nicolò Dolfin two new entrances were created, one on the Big Square and one on Borgo Aquileia: in this way the privacy of those who attended this place was better preserved. In the corner of the building there is a marble sculpture representing the Pietà. The structure remained in business until 1978.